Why is it Super Sunday? I don't know--I just liked the alliteration. We ate both meals in bed today. I told Ben he shouldn't move too much and he didn't argue with me on that point. He's been in bed nearly all day. It smells like pancake syrup in the bedroom now but oh well.
I got the baking bug tonight. I'm just addicted to baking--I can't stop! Despite the fact that we're trying to keep Ben on low-fat foods, I just really wanted to make cookies tonight. But I decided to get creative and I made up a new cookie recipe. I used whole wheat AND oatmeal for these cookies so if you want some more whole grains in your cookies, try this recipe. VERY tasty, by the way.
Chocolate Chip Cookies with Oatmeal and Whole Wheat
Sift together:
1 C. whole wheat flour
1 1/4 C. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
Cream well:
1/2 C. butter
1/2 C. canola oil
1 C. brown sugar
1/2 C. white sugar
Add and mix well:
2 eggs, 1 at a time
1 tsp. almond extract
Add:
1 C. oatmeal
Mix until blended well
Slowly add previously sifted dry ingredients until just blended. Don't overmix.
Add 1 1/2-2 cups mixed chocolate chips. I used a combination of white and semi-sweet.
Bake at 375 until just brown around the edges--about 8 or 9 minutes.
I could hardly believe there was whole wheat flour in this recipe. You could probably even mess with the ratio of whole wheat to all-purpose flour and have more whole wheat than all-purpose. Well, that's all she wrote! Enjoy!
1 comment:
Hey Tabitha - I have been slacking & haven't checked the blog as often as I normally do. I had fun reading all of your great updates. It sounds like married life is suiting you fine. I hope things work out with the piano lessons/tutoring. Your cheesecake looked really yummy! I'm going to be craving cheesecake now & unfortunately I don't think I can even come close to your success with that recipe.
Post a Comment