Tuesday, October 7, 2008

It's been a boring couple of weeks. Last week I subbed four out of five days, this week I haven't been called in yet. I've actually been feeling like I should start looking for other full-time employment so I've updated my resume and I'm putting out some feelers to see what's available.

I've realized (with a little help from my spare tire) that since I got married, I've been very very sedentary. I think partially it's because I'm still in newlywed phase and just wanting to be together with my husband all of the time. The other reason is that my husband's goal in life is to exert as little physical effort as possible so I indulge him sometimes and we just stay home. Last night though, I decided that we needed to get OUT of the house. It took a lot of convincing and a little actual physical pulling, but I got my dear husband out the door and we went to a nearby park where we sat on a bench swing for an hour or so and just talked. When we're at home we read books or watch TV so it was so nice to put that all aside and just talk. I'm not looking forward to the end of daylight savings time when it will be dark at 6:00 or 7:00!

I worked on another sewing project this weekend. As the Ward Choir Director, I always have to carry my hymnbook and other music. I've been getting really tired of lugging it around by hand, however, so I decided I needed to make myself a little tote bag. I used 2 placemats for the main bag part and an old leather braided belt for the handles. After having a huge war with invisible thread (the thread won), and one broken needle, I finally got the handles attached. Sewing the placemats together to form the bag was a much easier process. Here's the final product:

2 comments:

Lara said...

Cute Bag! I like it. I didn't know you were so creative!

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

I LOVE THE BAG!! I'll get Jonathan to pull down my scrap material and bring it over one of these fine days.

And!! THE FRONT ROOM LOOKS AH-MAZING!!!!! Seriously, you worked wonders! I couldn't have done it myself. I'm only back at the computer for a minute because I need to go back into my front room and admire it!! :D Thanks!

Blog Archive