Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A bad hair year

I had to laugh when my mother emailed me and asked me for some pictures of myself to put on the family Christmas card this year. I went through and found a few pictures which I then sent, only to have her respond shortly after that with a request for more pictures specifically with my hair down! Well, this year has been a terrible hear for my hair. It really started in the Spring of 2006 when my hair got so long that I went and had it cut. I've never had such a TERRIBLE haricut in my life. Every haircut since then has been an effort to repair that horrible haircut of a year and a half ago. Finally I decided that the only way to have good hair again was to let it grow out and then have it cut just for a little style. And I'm going to save up and go back to the guy that cut my hair in June (who did a fabulous job by the way). I haven't had it cut since then, I've just been letting it grow out, and only recently have I felt like I could wear my hair down again! So, sadly, 90% of my pictures from this year are with my hair pulled back in a pony-tail! And finding a picture I actually liked amongst the remaining 10% was, alas, not successful. So, yesterday afternoon, I let my hair down and my I had my roommate take some pictures of me outside. One of the pictures you will see at the top of my blog. I am just so pleased that my hair is finally growing out again!!

Today was my last day with my roommate's Pre-K class. I can't even begin to describe the fun I have had these last 2 weeks with these kids!! It hardly felt like a job at all! I was like, what? I get paid to be here and to have fun with kids all day?? It was so rewarding and I learned so many things. I have a 5-day weekend and then I will go in next Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, but I will be with other kids. We took a picture today of me with all the kids (my hair is pulled back, of course).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the new picture on the top. Very cute.

Emily said...

I bet those kids loved having you in their class. You will make such a great teacher!