Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Loving Life With My Little One

So, life is pretty much amazing. I had no idea how much I would come to love my little girl so quickly. And speaking of quickly, I feel like she is growing so fast!! We measured her last night and she is 23 1/2 inches. She is a month old now and is doing really well sleeping, with a few occasional exceptions. She's on a pretty predictable schedule now, the only downside being that she doesn't like to go to bed until about 10:30pm. I am slowly trying to get her to bed earlier, but it's hit and miss. She does sleep from about 10:30 until about 4:30 though, so I can't complain too much. It means I get a little bit of time with my hubby before I go to bed, and then I get a good REM cycle or two in before she wakes up and wants to eat. I think it's kind-of funny though that after I put her back to bed at around 5:00, she lays in her bed and grunts and grunts for about an hour, moving bowels and settling back in to bed. I wish she'd go right back to sleep, but maybe that will come. At least she's not screaming for me. Still, I have a hard time going back to sleep when she doesn't. Then daddy's alarm starts going off at 7 and it wakes her up. I need to get after that daddy of hers to quit hitting the snooze button so many times! Soon enough she'll be in her crib in the nursery, I expect, so the point will be moot. I probably could put her in there now because she's sleeping so well, but ... well ... I dunno ...

She's definitely getting a little more interested in what's going on. She isn't smiling quite yet, but she's becoming more and more aware of what's going on around her. Today her cousins came over and where even just a week ago I would have had a fussy, fidgety baby, she cooperated quite well and was very interested in these new faces! It's so fun to watch her grow--I get the biggest thrill out of it. Of course, I also get a big thrill out of just having such an amazing little person in my life. She is so sweet and I couldn't be more grateful that Heavenly Father gave her to me to take care of for a while. I couldn't imagine my life without this little angel.




2 comments:

Samantha said...

so sweet! Marin is clamoring to see the pictures of the baby, she likes to look at babies :) Congrats, being a mom is so wonderful, enjoy her as much as you can, she will be running away from you soon enough!

Kayla and Samuel said...

What Samantha says is true, I can't believe she is a month old already either! She has so much hair, what a cutie. It's exciting to see you with a baby, you are a great mom I am sure.
Oh, send me your e-mail again and I'll send you an invite please. ;)
ttyl