Friday, November 27, 2009

All settled in

We've been all moved in for 2 weeks now, and I must say, it is nice to have our own house! Frankly, I LOVE our house. It may have some strange paint colors as well as some amazing flowery wallpaper in the master bath, but I think it's just perfect! It's a split level house, and while I wasn't sure how I would like it, I really like having only to go up or down half a flight of stairs to get what I need. The kitchen is small, but it's workable for now. (It just needs a coat of paint that's not gold or royal blue.) The 2 best parts about the house, in my opinion, are the basement, and the back yard. The basement has 2 rooms, a family room and a storage/laundry room. The storage room works really well for our food storage and doubles as a pantry, since we don't have a pantry off the kitchen. My other favorite part of the house is the back yard. The house sits on .56 acres, so the back yard is pretty big, and it's completely fenced in. Most of the houses that we looked at were in newer subdivisions, and didn't have much in the way of yards. Having grown up in rural New York State, being surrounded by green space has always been very important to me. It's an old house (built in 1986), and it needs some updating, but we're very happy with it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The house looks great! I'm sure it will be even better when you get done with it!