Now where did "they" ever come up with the phrase "Sick as a dog". I mean, are dogs really that unhealthy? I don't remember my dog getting sick very often.
I've been sick with a nasty cold for the last week. It started out as a sore throat, then went into my head and plugged everything up in there, then moved down into my chest and made me cough a lot. I was laid up Saturday through Monday basically. I didn't even go to church and if I don't go to church, you know I MUST be sick! On Saturday, Ben's uncle Larry came over and they gave me a blessing. While we were chatting, Larry suggested that we try NetiPot. "What in the world is a NetiPot", I asked? Well, turns out that a NetiPot is a nasal rinse system, which utilizes salt-water to clean out the mucus in your nose. It's basically a teapot that you put your salt-water mixture in, then tilt your head and pour into one nostril, and the water goes up into your nose, and comes out the other nostril. We went right out and bought one and I must say, it's pretty effective! Ben is sick now too, and he even uses it, which surprises me because he has such an active gag reflex. Thankfully I'm getting over this cold now--just some residual chest congestion and coughing. Just need to get Ben healthy now!
1 comment:
Sounds like you've been busy, even while sick. Neti Pots are fabulous. On my ENT rotation we would recommend them for people with chronic sinus issues. It sounds gross to use, but apparently they do work!!
Post a Comment