Sunday, August 16, 2009
I've made it through "Back to School"
The last couple of weeks have been really busy at work because everyone's been signing their kids up for afterschool programs. When I was growing up, we used to scorn the kids who went to afterschool programs, and there was only one that I remember, "Greene Cares", which was held in the gym at the Elementary School in the town where I went to school. Nowadays, things have changed just a little bit, and with both parents working in most families, kids need afterschool care. Our daycare/preschool services about 7 elementary schools in the area, and we actually lowered the price of our afterschool programs this year so we had TONS of new families sign up. Of course, it doesn't hurt that we have cool stuff like an air hockey table and a foosball table! Because of the wave of new families, my job became "paperwork mass processor" for several days prior to the beginning of school on the 10th. I went in early, stayed late, and worked right up until the last second to get everything together. Luckily the first several says of school went relatively smoothly and things are slowing back down again. Phew!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment