Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Wedding madness!

Needless to say, I have been very busy planning a wedding lately! I'm sorry I haven't taken the time to update ya'll on what's been going on!

First of all, I bought my wedding dress! I got way lucky with this one. There is one shop in the area which specializes in modest wedding and prom gowns so of course I went there first to see what my options were. I knew most of the dresses wouldn't be in my size but there was one in my size. When I tried it on it fit like a glove and looked gorgeous so I bought it. The lady in the shop made me try on 3 other dresses, just for good measure but I knew once I tried mine on that it was the ONE.

I decided instead of having real flowers that I would buy silk ones and make my bouquet and Ben's boutonniere. My mother was horrified that I would not be having real flowers but I figure that I have two receptions and I can have the same bouquet at both! Not to mention, I'm trying to save money on things I don't care as much about. I made the bouquet myself and I personally think it looks really nice.

We've found a place to live. There is a couple on our stake who rent out their basement, and we went and checked it out. We had to make a kind-of hurried decision because the next day someone else looked at the apartment and really liked it. We had only looked at one other place but, the basement apartment has everything that we need and it inexpensive so we went for it. I'll be moving in around the last weekend in June and trying to get the place set up and organized before we leave for NY on July 9th.

We've also finished making our invitation and are now trying to figure out where and how exactly to print it. I was all set to order it last night but Ben started reading about colors and he was afraid it wouldn't print with the same colors and so I gave up. I guess I'll try going somewhere today and seeing if I can get a proof.

I've also run into a snag with respect to a wedding photographer. We're getting married in Palmyra of course, and my photographer of choice is not available for that day. I've been looking around on the web, but I want someone who is familiar with temples and LDS weddings and I don't know where to find anyone! If you have any resources, please help!

You know, they say that the mission is an emotional rollercoaster. I think the mission is nothing compared to planning a wedding. I think I'm pretty easy to please but it seems like while some things come really easily, sometimes we just run into snags and my emotions are so close to the surface lately that I'll just erupt into tears at the slightest provocation. Poor Ben is so good though. He knows exactly how to handle it when I go crazy. I don't think he really realizes how much I appreciate his calm strength. I am seriously so lucky to have found someone so amazing and so perfect for me.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh Sweet Tabitha.. I can SOOOOOO relate.
you are doing great, and all good things fall into place.
We actually printed our own announcements-- I was SO pleased with the way they turned out. but that's a personal thing-- just depends on the design you want.

The first dress-- that was my experience, too. It just called my name.

I loved our photographer, but alas, he's here in Salt Lake-- RBG photographers. I wonder if he'd have any contacts in NY? he was the only photographer we could find that would include the digital negatives in the price.
If you want to try him, let me know, i'll look up his number again.

so exciting!!
becca

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

The shower invites are out--yahoo! They were all verbal... I didn't realize last week when I talked to you just how close everything is time-wise! Did you see it's going to be at our ward building? In the RS room if anybody asks. That's right off of the kitchen, so it'll be easy. :)