Sunday, September 25, 2011

Week in New York: Zoo Trip

A couple of weeks ago Lydia and I flew to New York to spend some much needed time with my family, including my sister who flew in from Utah with her two children.  It had been two years since I had seen my sister, and if any of you have a sister that you love dearly, you know that is MUCH too long to go without seeing your sister.  Samantha's kids are 3 years and 7 months, and so my 17-month old had a great time playing with her cousins, just older and just younger than her.

One highlight of my trip was the visit to Ross Park Zoo, which was totally deserted despite the fantastic weather.  I suppose everyone in Binghamton was still recovering  from the recent devastating floods there.  We saw a lot of furniture and other items along the curbs while we were heading down there.  It was very sad to think of how many people's memories were sitting at the side of the road ...  But the zoo was wonderful; everyone had a good time.

Hungry Goats

Kakakakaka! (translation: "Look! Ducks! Quack quack!"
 Beautiful Shale Formation--It's just stunning when you can see all the layers of a rocky hill
 Checking out the penguins
 Mama kangaroo with baby in pouch!
 Lydia and Marin going down the slide. They LOVED the slide and went down together MULTIPLE times :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like fun. You look fantatic, BTW. I'm also jealous seeing you wear a jacket. I'm sure it will cool down here soon, but I sure miss the falls in the NE.

Blog Archive