Friday, March 26, 2010

A Few More Updates!

It's just me and the cat tonight, as Ben is on a camp-out with his 14-15 year old boys from church. I'm a little nervous about him being gone, but he's only about 30 minutes away, and with 3 weeks left until my due date, I'm not very likely to go into labor tonight. However, I still have a sink full of dishes and I'm exhausted from walking all over Walmart today.

One thing I'm really grateful for, is that I'm done working. I had my last day of work on Wednesday the 17th. It probably would have been a more emotional day except that it just happened to be an extremely stressful day with teachers calling in sick and spraining their ankles and having to go home early ... yikes! All in all, I haven't missed working yet, and I probably won't until I miss that first paycheck I suppose. I do miss some of my co-workers and the children, but it's good to have time and energy to accomplish some of the tasks around my house that have been piling up for the last couple of months. I do have to be very careful about how much I do though, because if I overdo it, I really end up paying for it!

We finally got furniture in the baby's room! We've had the crib for a couple of weeks of course, but initially we weren't sure what we were going to do about dressers, etc. However, one of our friends was participating in a yard sale to benefit a young man with some medical issues, and one of the things they collected to sell was a complete white wicker bedroom set, 2 dressers, a trunk, a nightstand and a rocking chair. Since the rocking chair was wrapped in cellophane and we couldn't tell whether it was comfortable or not, we opted not to get rocking chair. We did, however, get everything else for $80, which I'm quite proud of! The color and style match the room perfectly and now we have STORAGE! I finally got to wash the baby's clothes and have somewhere to put them! It was so fun folding all the baby's clothes. I kept thinking to myself, "oh my gosh that is so cute!" and "oh my gosh, THAT is so cute!" She is going to be one well-dressed little girl.

I went to the OB on Wednesday and they discovered that I am dilated 1 cm. Isn't that exciting? It doesn't give any indication of when the baby is coming, of course, but it's progress! I had contractions all night that night, probably due to that internal exam. Last night however, everything was pretty calm so I'm not worried about going into premature labor. Well, not yet anyway! I'll be happy to give it one more week just to make it to 38 weeks and then she can come any old time she's ready, or perhaps she can be convinced ... I'm getting pretty uncomfortable and my clothes are getting too tight so I'm ready!

No comments: